Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I Feel Love

This weeek is filled with graduation frenzy.

My family arrived yesterday and we have not stopped partying since they landed. Last night we went out with my classmates. I've never been out with them in the evening; just lunch here and there. It was a big deal because I rarely stay awake past 10 p.m. The ideal bar for me would be one that has last call at 8:30 p.m.

Today was the pinning rehearsal. The pinning committee had put together a couple of slide show presentations. They were trying it out to see how it would work and we were all mesmerized. Our instructors saw that they could not get our attention once the slide show started so let us watch the whole thing. There were lots of photos and video of us from the past two years of nursing school. Lots of smiles, hugs, busy moments, etc. Each student also created a couple of slides thanking friends, family and whomever for helping us get through. So, yeah, all of us were riveted, waiting for our slides to appear.

Tomorow is the actual pinning. There will be plenty of Kleenex for all.

Friday is graduation. I'm pretty excited because miraculously I was able to keep my grades up and I'm graduating with honors. Yay me!

I'll write more once all the celebrating is over. For now I'm having a great time with my family, soaking up the love from my classmates and marveling at having made it through in one piece.

Peace out.

1 comment:

Logan said...

Nurses are the front line of healthcare and are utterly essential. The shortage is a world wide problem and you can help. There is a new social network, being pioneered by Shawn D. Mathis, that is designed to supply nurses with everything they need and to help them keep in contact with one another. It's worth checking out. http://www.mynursebook.com