Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over

On this Eve of Thanksgiving Eve I thought I'd settle in for some quality time with my blog.

Let me just apologize for the terse mood of my last few posts. I'll spare you the details, but yeah, there's been stuff going on at my house that has been keeping me riled up. My *cough* in-laws *cough* will be leaving in the morning and I can go back to drinking coffee and eating chocolate in front of the Internet until I'm comatose. Of the many substances of abuse I have tried in my life, at least this addiction keeps me off the street, and I can still function at work and in school. If I am going to indulge an addiction, I don't appreciate non-relatives commenting on how I spend my free time.

Anyway, I broke the blogger code of ethics and went back to change some of the wording of my posts. Some of my meaning wasn't clear, and some of what I said came out sounding meaner than I intended. Even though I'm not all that fond of people, I really don't want all of humanity to be vaporized into a pile of dust. I have been auditioning some blogs to see if I want to add them to my blog roll. I don't know if this is how its done, but it's how I have chosen to build my blog roll. I want to see if the blog is one that is 1) active, 2) interesting, 3) entertaining, 4) has content that I identify or agree with, and if not 5) challenges my assumptions with solid science.

My blog intentions when we first met were to have a good time and to grow together. I feel like I have failed you in spite of all my good intentions. I still care about you and I want you to blog-love me and not turn me into a blog-ex. I'm insecure enough to want your attention and not go to some other blog to get your needs met. I had thought up some interesting blog topics but just can't spare the mental juice to blog them in a way that would keep you entertained. This doesnt mean our blog honeymoon is over. Even though this is the blog equivalent of sitting around in sweat pants for days without taking a shower, I hope you understand that I'm going through a difficult time.

Thank you for your patience. I know we're just getting to know each other, but I guarantee you that I'm worth the wait.

Winter break is coming up. I promise to get off this virtual couch, pick up those empty ice cream cartons, empty the ash trays, open some windows and run the vacuum. I will cook up some blog goodness that will keep you coming back for more. I will take a shower, shave my legs, do my hair, throw on some make-up and take you on an interesting blog adventure that will make you realize how truly special you are to me.

No comments: