Friday, October 12, 2007

I Keep Working My Way Back To You

Sorry folks. Life has kept me away from my blog this week, and I'm trying my level best to not be cranky. My SO had shoulder surgery, the fourth surgery since January, and I've been playing nurse in my personal life. It's been very time consuming, and while I don't mind doing it, it has taken me away from doing other things.

Then yesterday I had a meeting to go to at my job. As I was leaving the building at 6:00 p.m., my boss stopped me and told me I had to get recertified in water treatment (I'll explain later). Long story short, I ended up staying until 8:00 p.m. last night. It would have been nice if I had a head's up that this was happening. I would have eaten dinner BEFORE I went to the meeting.

So instead my SO and I raced to get dinner before everything closed, snarfed down our food, and now I have a tummy ache today. Today and tomorrow are my two busiest days of the week, sort of the beginning of a horrible gauntlet, and going into these two days tired before I start, does not bode well for how I'm going to feel on Sunday.

Anyway, on Sunday I'll come back and share a conversation I had with my classmates about pubic hair. I've been cogitating on the topic for days, and it's really driving me nuts that I can't get back to my computer and finish it.

Oh, I am no longer license pending. I got word yesterday that I passed my board exam and I am now a nurse.

*bowing deeply*

I have to think of a new blog name. I'm not feeling especially creative so I have no idea what to call myself.

No comments: