Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's Here

I got it today! My ATT is here.

I take my board exam on October 8, 2007. Some two weeks after that I will no longer be license pending.

My employer is even more excited about this than me.

I mentioned before that I work as a dialysis technician. Most dialysis patients begin their life on dialysis with a central venous catheter. Eventually they'll have surgery to put another kind of access in their arm, either a graft or a fistula. Some never have the surgery and have their catheters forever.

Lately our clinic has gotten a lot of new patients.....so that means lots, oodles, tons, an embarrassment of catheters. On the days when we have catheter patients the 2 or 3 nurses we have in the clinic run themselves ragged hooking up all the catheter patients while we techs stand helplessly nearby and wait. Once I have my license I can join in the fun, and help out with the catheter patients.

For now the cake ban has been suspended.

2 comments:

Smoog said...

Love your blog. It's a great way to keep in touch with what's happening in your life, and I've always liked your writing style anyway. I just hope I'm not one of the crazies you spoke of from your youth. LOL

License Pending said...

No, my angel. You are not one of those crazy people. I was thinking of the crazy people I'm acquainted with now. The number grows exponentially every year.